Thanks for visiting!

This project is now in update mode. Check back regularly to see how things are progressing.

2019 ASCE Mid-Pac Conference

$3,500
70%
Raised toward our $5,000 Goal
2 Donors
Project has ended
Project ended on November 30, at 08:00 AM PST
Project Owners

2019 ASCE Mid-Pac Conference

The American Society of Civil Engineers(ASCE) Student Chapter holds annual conferences to bring together students from ASCE Student Chapters throughout a geographic area that extends from Fresno, CA to Reno, NV. The region also includes member of ASCE Student Chapters in both Canada and China.

The SJSU chapter is a group Civil Engineering students and this year we have take on the important project to plan, coordinate and host the conference as the official event committee for the annual ASCE mid-pacific student conference. Our committee’s responsibilities include: planning the 3-Day conference for universities from the region and providing the facilities for the students to participate in the event.

Our Annual Mid-pacific regional Student Conferences allow future civil engineers gain valuable hands-on experience by competing in events such as the concrete canoe competition. In addition to the experiential education, students interact with peers, industry professionals, companies, and faculty from institutions so that they can develop professional skills and build long-term friendships.

With the help from sponsors, our ASCE student chapters of San Jose State University will be able to achieve the goals set forth for the upcoming conference. We anticipate that 60% of our income will be funded directly from the schools and students. Your tax-deductible donation will help subsidize the remaining 40% of the necessary supplies, facilities, equipment rentals, and meals for the attendees. During the conference, we will display you or your company's name and logo in the program and on the participants’ shirts as a thank you for making our conference a possibility.

We wouldn’t be able to gain this invaluable experience if it wasn’t for generous support from our donors and we are counting on your support to help us reach our goal!

 

Levels
Choose a giving level

$25

Intern

A contribution at this level will help us provide basic supplies for the business and committee meeting. Donors for all levels will receive a personalized thank you email and recognition at the competition.

$50

Engineer in Training

A contribution at this level will help us book and provide the materials needed for the competitions. Donors for all levels will receive a personalized thank you email and recognition at the competition.

$100

Assistant Engineer

A contribution at this level will help us provide the materials and facility for hosting the competitions. Donors for all levels will receive a personalized thank you email and recognition at the competition.

$250

Associate Engineer

A contribution at this level will help us book and provide the materials needed for the competitions. Donors for all levels will receive a personalized thank you email and recognition at the competition.

$500

Senior Engineer

A contribution at this level will help us to buy the event accessories, printing flyers, setting up websites, and other publishing materials. Donors for all levels will receive a personalized thank you email and recognition at the competition.

$1,000

Project Engineer

A contribution at this level will help us book the facilities that provide the space for the students and the materials for the competition. Donors at this level will receive a personalized thank you email and the logos of their company will be published on all social media and the promotional items of the events. Donors for all levels will receive a personalized thank you email and recognition at the competition.

$2,500

Chief Engineer

A contribution at this level will help us with booking the event space for our Banquet, supplying food and providing the award prizes for the event. Donors for the Banquet event will receive a personalized thank you email and the logos of the companies will be published on all social media and the promotional items of the events. Donors for all levels will receive a personalized thank you email and recognition at the competition.