Who are we?
We are SJSU’s FSAE electric race team consisting of various engineering disciplines, graphic designers, and business students. Our mission is to design and develop progress towards a cleaner, more resourceful future while still exhibiting the fun and exciting possibilities of formula racing culture. We are here to promote the interests in the STEM fields, and apply these different learning outcomes to a real world application that challenges the competitors to innovate and deploy a reliable and effective product.
- To develop a forward-thinking team with the skills to be proficient in the many aspects of engineering, business, and society
- Design and manufacture a safe, reliable, and cost-effective, fully-electric race car
- Compete in all of the FSAE -Lincoln events for a chance to win outright
- Give to the community through hosting events, presentations, sponsor support, and racing
- Raise enough money to complete our objectives
- Reduce weight and increase reliability of our design
- Win both FSAE Lincoln and Formula North racing competitions
Why are we raising this money?
The money will go towards funding the SRE-3 project and its associated logistics. For the car to be manufactured and assembled, we need to purchase raw materials, composites, off-shelf parts, tools, and machining time. In a typical year, the team spends roughly $15k - $20k on materials, and another $15k - $25k on machining time, parts and tools. Competition registration totals around $3,500 each year, but this does not include logistical costs of lodging and transportation for the team and car ($10k - $15k). We rely heavily on the support of our corporate sponsors, and proud donors who are enthusiastic about our team.
You can help us out tremendously by donating, sharing our page and following our teams progress throughout the year. Please join us in our journey for excellence in both the environmental and engineering fields by making a gift today!
Please know that any donation makes a difference, even if it does not meet the minimum suggested giving level.